Market opportunities for the West African agriculture and food market is increasingly dynamic due to the population growth, urbanisation, income growth and higher output services. On an annual basis more than US$10bn is committed across West Africa in agricultural development, food, beverage products and services. But despite the output growth over the past 30 years, supply response has not kept up with the demand growth.
About African Farming’s Agroinvestment Summit
When multiple groups combine their skills and resources, they can achieve much more than what they can when they work alone.” With this in mind and to overcome the challenges, African Farming in association with 151 Products Ltd is bringing the African Farming’s Agroinvestment Summit to London from 4th -6th June 2018. This summit is designed for an array of stakeholders like Government officials and representatives, importers, distributors, agribusiness owners, C-level executives from food companies, trade union members and manufacturers/suppliers of various agricultural equipment, machinery and services.
The summit will also focus on creating a cohesive platform for trade and investment opportunities by attracting key investors and buyers from across the globe
Objectives and key focus of the summit
- Deployment of agro-machinery and technology via OEM partnerships
- Local assembly investment, challenges and opportunities in West Africa
- Funding for agro-development and value addition
- Harnessing, processing and packaging via PPP partnerships for sufficiency and exports
- Improvement of rural infrastructure that will support agribusiness in West Africa - solutions and challenges
- Cross-border trading
- Increasing productivity and output
- Enhancing knowledge of operating machines and equipment to increase production
- Knowledge transfer to SMEs wanting to enter the sector or expand their existing business